Yes, yes it would. What it Takes to Build a Highly Secure FinTech … Just a bit of fun while we wait for the official news of the Verizon iPhone, expected to arrive at this morning’s press event in New York City, hosted by Verizon Wireless. It appears that Verizon’s official Twitter account (@Verizon) has been tweeting from an iPhone, even before the phone’s existence on that network was confirmed.Of course, a number of publications picked up on this, suspecting it was a hint about today’s news. But last night, the tweet in question disappeared…which actually seems more of a confirmation that the original tweet ever did.The tweet was first spotted by journalist Rich DeMuro, and was later blogged about by theiPhoneSpot.com, Business Insider and TechCrunch, to name a few. The text of the tweet itself was not notable – it referred to Verizon’s home monitoring/control service, a new product introduced at last week’s Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas (CES 2011).But the source of the tweet was interesting: “Twitter for iPhone.” Was this a sneaky, subtle hint about today’s news? Or was the person in charge of the Verizon Twitter account actually using an AT&T iPhone? Role of Mobile App Analytics In-App Engagement The Rise and Rise of Mobile Payment Technology Screenshot credit: Business InsiderBut what was even more strange is that the tweet getting copied and reposted around the Web oddly disappeared only hours later. Did Verizon pull it down? Apparently. And a Verizon PR isn’t saying why.I think we know.Google still has the tweet in its cache here.@VerizonWireless, Such a TeaseIn the meantime, if you’re looking for interesting tweets, @VerizonWireless has been a tease for days, tweeting yesterday: “Getting ready to make news on Tuesday,” and now this morning asking a follower “if we said what the Verizon event Tuesday is going to be about – would it still be news?” Related Posts Why IoT Apps are Eating Device Interfaces Tags:#Apple#mobile#news#web sarah perez
Violence over filing of nominations for panchyat polls in West Bengal continued for the sixth day on Saturday. Clashes between Trinamool Congress supporters and various Opposition parties took place in Birbhum, Murshidabad, Paschim Bardhaman and Uttar Dinajpur districts.CPI(M) MLA and Leader of the Left Legislative Party Sujan Chakraborty was attacked by TMC cadres in Bankura district during the day. “I participated in a rally of Left Front candidates who were on their way to file nominations when armed TMC cadres in collusion with police attacked us. I was also assaulted by them,” Mr. Chakraborty told The Hindu.Superintendent of Police of Bankura Sukhendu Hira, however, said “no one got injured” in the incident.Clashes between supporters of Trinamool Congress and BJP were reported from the Mohammad Bazar area of Birbhum. Large number of BJP workers armed with bows and arrows overpowered TMC supporters and reached Sub Divisional Officer’s office to file nominations. Local television channels showed TMC workers hurling bombs at the BJP cadres who retaliated with arrows.Anuj Sharma, Additional Director General ( Law and Order) said outsiders from Jharkhand were involved in the violence in the border district of Birbhum.Violence was also reported from Kandi in Murshidabad where a Congress rally led by State president and MP Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury was attacked by TMC workers. In Hooghly district’s Arambagh, former All India Forward Bloc (AIFB) MLA Biswanath Karak was heckled and assaulted by TMC cadres when he accompanied AIFB candidates during filing of nominations. Mr. Karak’s face was smeared with black ink.State Election Commissioner A.K. Singh who held a meeting with election observers on Saturday asked them to remain upright and discharge their duties with honesty.
Twenty employees of Beed District Civil Hospital in Maharashtra have been dismissed from service for submitting fake certificates of being the offspring of freedom fighters in order to get jobs under the reserved category, an official said on Friday.The government’s dismissal order came after the Maharashtra Administrative Tribunal (MAT) gave its ruling last year, in which it confirmed that the certificates submitted by these 20 employees were bogus.“Twenty employees- seventeen class IV and three class III- were dismissed from service with effect from today (March 1). The government issued their dismissal order on Thursday,” district civil surgeon Dr. Ashok Thorat said.In 2004, these employees had produced bogus certificates of being sons or daughters of freedom fighters in order to get a job in Beed district hospital, he said.
Hundreds of farmers will march to Kisan Ghat in Delhi on Saturday after talks between members of the Bhartiya Kisan Sangathan (BKS) and representatives of the Agriculture Ministery failed in Noida. Holding the BJP governments at the Centre and the State responsible for the poor state of the farm sector, the BKS had made 15 demands which include complete loan waiver, immediate payment of sugarcane crop dues, making electricity used in farming free and pension for aged farmers. The farmers also demanded that the cow maintenance fee set by the U.P. government at ₹30 per day should be increased to ₹300 per day.“We thought the Chief Minister of the State knew everything about cows and their maintenance. We want to tell him that if he is spending ₹30 per day on his cow, we are ready to accept ₹25,” said Pooran Singh, national president of BKS.He asked when Tikaula Mill in Muzaffarnagar could pay the sugarcane dues to the farmers, why can’t others. “There are many sugar mills which have paid only 35% of the existing dues,” he claimed. When reminded that tractor and trolleys are not allowed in the national capital, according to a Supreme Court order, Mr. Singh said: “The Supreme Court has also said that the sugarcane dues should be paid within 14 days. Is anybody listening.”Power price hikeOn the issue of rise in electricity rates, Mr. Singh said when a farmer had no right on fixing the minimum support price of crops why should he pay for the electricity used in growing those crops. “It is the government that decides the price, so it should pay for the electricity.” S.S. Tomar, a director in the Agriculture Ministry, and D.K. Pandey, adviser in the Agriculture Ministry, listened to the demands and found them genuine. They asked for 21 days to put them before the authorities concerned but the BKS leadership felt that it was just a way to buy time. “These are not demands, they are our rights, most of which were there in the BJP manifesto. We are not here to give a memorandum. We could have done it in Saharanpur. The government should have sent people who have the authority to take action on our demands,” said Mr. Singh, who started the Kisan Mazdoor Adhikar Yatra from Saharanpur on September 11.He added that if the government didn’t take them seriously it would have to face the wrath of the farmers in the upcoming Assembly polls in three States and by-polls in Uttar Pradesh. “You could not get our vote only in the name of Ram temple and nationalism,” Mr. Singh said. “If the farmer, soldier, and labour of the country go on even a three-day leave, the nation will cease to function.” Law and order problemThe Noida police were still working with the Delhi police and district administration to resolve the stalemate. “We are still trying to convince the farmers but are not taking any chances in terms of law and order. We have no problem if they march peacefully to Delhi. The problem arises when they try to take their tractor-trolley along or camp on the road,” said Vineet Jaiswal, SP (City), Noida.
Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles02:44Djokovic wins Laureus Sportsman of Year Award01:30PNP officials inspect Cubao bus terminals ahead of Undas02:11Makabayan bloc defends protesting workers, tells Año to ‘shut up’03:07PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games01:38‘Bato’ to be ‘most effective’ CHR head? It’s for public to decide – Gascon02:07Aquino to Filipinos: Stand up vs abuses before you suffer De Lima’s ordeal01:28Ex-President Noynoy Aquino admits contracting pneumonia00:45Aquino agrees with Drilon on SEA games ‘kaldero’ spending issue Becoming his own man This jewelry designer is also an architect Canadian vaping study details danger from ‘popcorn lung’ chemical Drilon apologizes to BCDA’s Dizon over false claim on designer of P50-M ‘kaldero’ The run lifted the 32-year-old 214 places from 503 in the world to 289.He can climb into the top 250 if he beats Juan Ignacio Londero later on Monday in the first round of the Shanghai Masters where Murray is a three-time champion.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGreatest ever?SPORTSFormer PBA import Anthony Grundy passes away at 40SPORTSBecoming his own manDjokovic’s win in Tokyo at the weekend means the Serb is at number one for the 271st week of his career, one more than Ivan Lendl and trailing only Roger Federer (310) and Pete Sampras (286).Djokovic heads to Shanghai as defending champion while Nadal, his closest pursuer 1,140 points behind, has had to pull out with a wrist injury he picked up during last month’s Laver Cup. Andy Murray of Britain hits a return against Juan Ignacio Londero of Argentina during their first round men’s singles match at the Shanghai Masters tennis tournament in Shanghai on October 7, 2019. (Photo by NOEL CELIS / AFP)Former world number one Andy Murray climbed over 200 places in the new ATP rankings released on Monday while Novak Djokovic extended his lead over Rafael Nadal at the top.Scotsman Murray, who is on the comeback trail after career-saving hip surgery, reached the quarter-finals of the China Open where he lost to eventual winner Dominic Thiem.ADVERTISEMENT Matteo Guidicelli had saved up for Sarah G’s ring since 2014? Animated Murray recovers from slow start to win Shanghai opener Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. LATEST STORIES 4. Daniil Medvedev (RUS) 4,9655. Dominic Thiem (AUT) 4,9156. Alexander Zverev (GER) 4,1857. Stefanos Tsitsipas (GRE) 3,6308. Kei Nishikori (JPN) 3,0409. Karen Khachanov (RUS) 2,94510. Roberto Bautista (ESP) 2,57511. Gael Monfils (FRA) 2,37512. Fabio Fognini (ITA) 2,28013. Matteo Berrettini (ITA) 2,221 Ethel Booba on SEA Games cauldron: ‘Sulit kung corrupt ang panggatong’ 14. David Goffin (BEL) 2,190 (+1)15. Borna Coric (CRO) 2,130 (-1)16. Diego Schwartzman (ARG) 1,99517. John Isner (USA) 1,895 (+2)18. Kevin Anderson (RSA) 1,78019. Felix Auger-Aliassime (CAN) 1,719 (+1)20. Stan Wawrinka (SUI) 1,670 (+1)Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next MOST READ Duterte calls himself, Go, Cayetano ‘the brightest stars’ in PH politics DTI creates Marahuyo, a luxe Filipino fashion brand for global buyers Thiem’s victory over Stefanos Tsitsipas in Beijing sees the Austrian close to just 50 points behind the Russian Daniil Medvedev.ATP Rankings as of October 7:1. Novak Djokovic (SRB) 10,365 pts2. Rafael Nadal (ESP) 9,2253. Roger Federer (SUI) 7,130ADVERTISEMENT View comments
Man Utd academy chief Butt reveals loan plans for youngstersby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United academy chief Nicky Butt has revealed plans to release several of their youth teamers for loan next month.Butt, expects some members of his Under-19 squad to depart on loan during the January transfer window, despite the promise of playing knockout games in the UEFA Youth League in March. He said of the forthcoming loan market, “It will affect the Under-19s [as a team]. But if you ask any Manchester United fan or Ed [Woodward] or the owners or the manager, they want players in the first team. That’s my job. That’s the job of the Academy coaches – to get players in the first team. If you can win competitions as well, that’s the best thing you can do.”Is it good to have some players just waiting for an Under-19s game to come along? No. So we are looking to get players out on loan to develop them so they come back better players and better people for our club, with a real chance on playing on the biggest stage in the world.”Butt continued: “We see January as a changeover of the guard if you like. “A lot more players will be pushing up to the Reserves and the youth team will be made up more regularly of first-year scholars.“They will be starting more regularly in the youth team and players will be going out on loan. But, yeah, we plan – we don’t just pick it out of the air.””“We make plans for a year, 18 months or two years for players and we believe it’s the right way to do things.” TagsTransfersLoan MarketAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Man Utd winger James ruled out of Astana clashby Freddie Taylora month agoSend to a friendShare the loveDaniel James has been ruled out of Manchester United’s Europa League clash with Astana. The 21-year-old winger sustained a knock in Saturday’s win over Leicester City.Prior to Thursday’s tie, United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said: “Yeah, he [James] got a knock against Leicester so he won’t be available.”Paul Pogba, Luke Shaw and Anthony Martial (thigh) are also unavailable for United’s first Europa League match of the season.
Clemson Football Coach Dabo Swinney Also Believes Notre Dame Should Be In A Conference To Be Playoff Eligible
Dabo Swinney WhipAs we make it through college football media days and the various ESPN “car washes” that follow, Notre Dame’s independent status has become a hot topic of conversation once again. Last week, Missouri’s Gary Pinkel argued that the Fighting Irish should be forced into joining a league within a year. Clemson’s Dabo Swinney agrees: either Notre Dame should join a league with a conference championship, or adopt a 13 game schedule.Dabo Swinney agrees w/Gary Pinkel: “Absolutely Notre Dame needs to be in conference or play 13 games to be in @CFBPlayoff“— Brett McMurphy (@McMurphyESPN) July 27, 2015Swinney’s not the only high-profile ACC coach to think this.Paul Johnson: “Notre Dame should be in the ACC. It’s another brand program to strengthen the conference.”— Joe Schad (@schadjoe) July 27, 2015The ACC obviously has a lot to gain from Notre Dame, if it ever committed fully to joining a conference. With the current scheduling arrangement between the Fighting Irish and the league, the ACC is currently the most logical landing spot for Notre Dame football. Adding Notre Dame would be a big boost to the ACC football brand, which lags behind the other power conferences when it comes to perceived strength.
Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment The inaugural issue of Canadian Musician Magazine was published in the spring of 1979. Since then, the publication has featured countless covers, interviews, and columns with some of the most notable names in Canadian music, from The Guess Who, Rush, Alanis Morissette, and The Tragically Hip to Nickelback, Avril Lavigne, Shad, and Marianas Trench.Each and every issue also includes: the latest updates from the Canadian and international music industries; career-building feature content; instructional columns for musicians, songwriters, and audio engineers; updates on the latest gear, tech, and trends; coverage of major music industry events across Canada and beyond; and more.Today, Canadian Musician Magazine continues to expand its reach with initiatives like the Canadian Musician Radiopodcast, its series of music business webinars in partnership with NWC Webinars, and CM Live sessions on Facebook with some of the industry’s best and brightest.Additional information on Canadian Musician‘s 40th Anniversary can be found at www.cm40th.com Facebook Login/Register With: TORONTO, May 1, 2019 – Canadian Musician Magazine, the widely-read and respected publication for Canada’smusicians and music industry professionals, is celebrating its 40th anniversary throughout 2019.Founded in 1979, Canadian Musician continues to serve its readers with entertaining, informative, and insightful content designed to help propel their careers forward.“We published our first issue of Canadian Musician 40 years ago with one goal: to be Canada’s premier publication and a go-to resource for professional and amateur musicians and the industry that supports them,” says Jim Norris, Founder and Publisher, Canadian Musician. “It’s been as thrilling as it has been fulfilling to work towards that goal in the decades since, and like the industry we’re proud to represent, now feels like the most exciting time in our history. Celebrating this milestone with so many passionate friends and partners from over the years is a great reminder of why we do what we do, and our team is freshly inspired to continue our mission in the years to come.” Twitter
CALGARY – Opposition politicians hit the Liberal government with pointed questions Monday over news that two Kinder Morgan Canada executives will each be given $1.5-million bonuses to ensure they stay on as its Trans Mountain pipeline system is sold to the federal government.The retention bonuses for president Ian Anderson and David Safari, the vice-president overseeing the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion, are detailed in a company regulatory filing dated Tuesday, May 29, the day the government announced its deal to buy the pipeline assets for $4.5 billion.The government should immediately table details of the “Kinder Morgan bailout,” B.C. New Democrat MP Nathan Cullen said in the House of Commons, complaining it is paying too much.“Adding insult to injury to this public bailout, it includes a $3-million bonus to Kinder Morgan executives,” he charged.The company is being richly rewarded for not having to pay for its $7.4-billion Trans Mountain expansion project, added Shannon Stubbs, an Alberta Conservative MP and natural resources critic.“Apparently, the gift of tax dollars will also pay $1.5 million bonuses each to two Kinder Morgan executives, which is good news for the rich executives, bad news for Canadian energy workers,” she said.The deal was defended by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Finance Minister Bill Morneau, who reiterated the government’s position that the pipeline will create jobs while helping to alleviate steep discounts in prices for Canadian oil that amount to the annual loss of $15 billion in potential value.The bonuses for Anderson and Safari are to be paid in equal parts in July 2019 and July 2020 and are conditional on their continued employment through each date, the filing states.“The arrangements were reviewed and approved by the Kinder Morgan Canada board of directors and are consistent with industry practice for a project and transaction of this size,” the company said in an email Monday.The government has said it is counting on the continued employment of key pipeline staff to ensure completion of the project to triple capacity of the pipeline from Edmonton to Burnaby, B.C.The filing goes on to note that Kinder Morgan Canada has terminated and repaid a $5.5-billion revolving credit facility with the Royal Bank of Canada.Ottawa is to provide loan guarantees for any money the company spends on the endeavour between now and when the pipeline’s ownership changes.Kinder Morgan is to ask shareholders to vote on the deal before the end of July. If shareholders approve the sale, the paperwork is to be completed sometime in August or September.Construction is expected to be finished in about two and a half years.Follow @HealingSlowly on Twitter.Companies in this article: (TSX:KML)