Tag: 爱上海419千花网


Banned by IOC, Vitaly Mutko resigns as Russia Football Union boss


first_imgRussian Football Union president Vitaly Mutko has stepped down from his post as president, just days after he was banned for life from the Olympics by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) over allegations that Russia created a “state-sponsored doping program.””I have decided to file the claim in the CAS tomorrow,” The Straits Times quoted Mutko as saying.According to local Russian media, Mutko announced the suspension from his post during Russia’s RFS football federation executive board meeting.However, the Russian deputy Prime Minister said that he will continue his duties in the government as well as preparing the World Cup which is being staged in Russia this summer.”Regarding the issues of relationship with Fifa and the organising committee, as long as the president (Vladimir Putin) trusts me, I continue to work as deputy premier and oversee the preparations for the world championships,” he said.The deputy prime minister had been banned from the Rio 2016 Games. This month he was banned for life from all Olympic Games after the International Olympic Committee said he was involved in a state-backed doping programme.(With ANI inputs)last_img read more


Tamika Handfield encourages TCI to eat healthy


first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvideciales, TCI, June 15, 2016 – Now that summer almost is here residence of the Turks and Caicos Islands are being encouraged to continue leading a healthier lifestyle and eat healthy.Nutritionists Tamika Handfield, CEO of Nutrition in Demand said this is great time for people to take advantage of the summer weather and pull out that grill. One food mostly encouraged to eat this summer is fish.Ms. Handfield said according to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics it is recommended person eat two servings of fish per week.  This will not only help improve your memory but also lower blood pressure.  She also said by eating healthier your brain and heart will thank you for it.  Nutrition in Demand is a nonprofit organization aimed at raising awareness to health and healthy eating.Next time, we tell you how Dance with Cinderella went, it was held over the weekend and is a major fundraiser for Nutrition in demand. Related Items:last_img read more


Ki delighted with Newcastles controlled display


first_imgNewcastle United midfielder Ki Sung-Yeung says he’s pleased with their game management after their 2-1 win at Turf Moor on Monday.Newcastle United were already two goals ahead by the 23rd minutes of the game, thanks to an own goal from Ben Mee and a header from stand-in skipper Ciaran Clark.Sam Vokes pulled one back for Burnley just before halftime, but it Newcastle looked the more likely to score again in the second half, going forward and creating many chances.In the closing minutes of the game, Burnley pushed for an equalizer, but the visitors’ ran out 2-1 winners, and Ki believes they could have been out of sight by then by extending their lead.“Yes, for sure. We had some definite chances in the second half,” Ki told the club’s website.“In the first half, I think we were in control. They (Burnley) always (played) the long ball – how they scored, it was a cross and a header.Roberto Firmino, LiverpoolVirgil van Dijk praises Roberto Firmino after Liverpool’s win Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Virgil van Dijk hailed team-mate Roberto Firmino after coming off the bench to inspire Liverpool to a 3-1 comeback win against Newcastle United.“But we did well to deal with that during the game, controlling the game. It was their home game, so there were a few moments where we were deep and had to defend, but overall I think we did very well.“Especially in an away game, to score early gives the team more confidence and takes off a lot of pressure.“Today, two goals was massive for us. It (allowed) us to control the game. I think we are becoming consistent.“Three wins in a row is not easy to achieve, but I think we dealt with every moment we faced, and then, with the ball, I think we were much better and created a lot more chances.”last_img read more


Lionel Scaloni happy as Argentina boss


first_imgLionel Scaloni is pleased with how well things have gone at Argentina and is looking forward to continuing coaching the national teamThe 40-year-old’s appointment as manager of Argentina hasn’t been widely welcome with the legendary Diego Maradona frequently criticising the decision.But Scaloni’s results in charge of La Albiceleste speak for themselves with just one defeat, which came against Brazil in October, and four wins in his first six games.Now the former Lazio and Deportivo La Coruña defender is looking forward to leading Argentina at the 2019 Copa America.“I am happy because the objectives we set ourselves were achieved,” said Scaloni, according to Fox Sports.Raheem Sterling, EnglandTop 5 best players from the international break weekend Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 11, 2019 After a fresh international break just came to an end, we need to talk about the Top 5 best players during this whole weekend.We…“To contribute players to this new team. I am happy to have the possibility to continue.”Scaloni’s only previous coaching experience came as an assistant for both La Liga side Sevilla and Argentina.He added: “It does not bother me that I do not have experience because it’s the reality. Any coach who starts, logically, has no experience.“I had the opportunity to be in an important technical body, in Seville and in the national team. I cannot get angry because it’s the truth.”last_img read more


People on the Move 061810


first_imgPeriodical Publishers’ Service Bureau, LLC (a unit of Hearst Corporation) named Steve Aster president. Prior to PPSB, Aster served as president of consumer marketing for Source Interlink and Primedia Enthusiast Media, which was acquired by Source Interlink in 2007. Time Inc. has promoted Jim Frederick to managing editor of Time.com and executive editor of Time magazine. Previously, Frederick served as a foreign correspondent in Europe and Asia.Longtime Vogue publisher and Condé Nast senior vice president/publishing director Tom Florio says he is leaving the company at the end of the month. He reportedly is looking to become CEO of his own company, although his exact plans are still unclear.Hearst appointed Eve Bercovici executive beauty director at Redbook magazine. Most recently, Bercovici served as a senior beauty director at InStyle.last_img read more


Solar Array to Help Vandenberg AFB Reach Energy Assurance Goal


first_img Dan Cohen AUTHOR Officials today are scheduled to formally dedicate a 28-megawatt solar array at Vandenberg AFB, Calif., which is projected to reduce base energy costs by about $1.75 million annually over the next 25 years, reports the Santa Ynez Valley News. Equally important, the project will provide the installation a redundant source of power for its space launch and tracking mission, Dan Gerdes, rates and renewables division chief for the Air Force Civil Engineer Center, said last year. “Using a long-term contract with fixed costs ensures we have the electricity we need, when we need it and broadens the pool we have for power sources there. This is one step closer to our target of full energy assurance for key Air Force missions.”Santa Ynez Valley News photo by Len Woodlast_img read more


VIDEO Students Create Short Documentary About Wilmington High School


first_imgWILMINGTON, MA — Recently graduated WHS seniors Kayla Blonigen, Tatiana De Oliveira and Eliza Stuart created a short documentary about Wilmington High School for their senior project. The film, which features a tour and interviews with administration, teachers and students, is meant to help incoming freshmen be better prepared and feel more comfortable at the school.Watch the 12-minute film, courtesy of Wilmington Community Television, below:——Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email wilmingtonapple@gmail.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedVIDEO: WCTV Releases “Wilmington Remembers”: A Documentary About Mid-20th Century WilmingtonIn “Videos”News & Notes From WCTV: Wildcat TV After School Club Starting At Wilmington High SchoolIn “Community”VIDEO: WHS Softball Team Honors Its SeniorsIn “Videos”last_img read more


AlQaeda says Pakistani security forces detained wife of its chief Zawahiri


first_imgScreen capture from the video showing al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri.SITE Intelligence GroupPakistani security forces have detained the wife of Al-Qaeda chief, Ayman al-Zawahiri, and two other family members of the groups ‘martyrs’ for nearly a year, according to a statement released by the insurgent group on Friday.Al-Qaeda claimed that “treacherous Pakistani forces” captured the family members including Al-Zawahri’s wife a year ago as they left Waziristan, a former Taliban base bordering Afghanistan due to airstrikes, reported Associated Press.”We … hold Pakistan’s government and its treacherous army and their American masters responsible for their criminal acts,” the statement said.The current leader of Al-Qaeda, al-Zawahri is an Egyptian who took over the group’s leadership after US military forces killed Osama bin Laden in Pakistan’s Abbottabad region in 2011. While Pakistan has not commented on the statement, Zawahiri is said to be hiding in the country.Al-Qaeda’s statement came a day after US Secretary of Defense Mark Esper confirmed the death of 9/11 mastermind’s son, Hamza bin Laden.The US official confirmation comes weeks after it was reported that he was killed during the last two years in an operation that involved the United States. Hamza who is believed, to be 30 years old, may have been killed before the US announced a $1 million bounty on him in February 2019.According to the documents found in the Abottabad house, Bin Laden was preparing Hamza to replace him as the terror outfit’s leader. Later on, Hamza was assumed to have donned the role of a deputy to the Alqaeda’s current chief, Al-Zawahiri.The United Nations Security Council reported that the deteriorating health of Al-Zawahiri has raised doubts about the global terrorist organisation’s succession.Pakistan’s war on terrorPakistan has often been accused of supporting terrorists in Afghanistan including the Al-Qaeda. Yesterday, the terror watchdog Financial Action Task Force’s (FATF) Asia Pacific Group placed Pakistan in its “enhanced expedited follow-up list”.The list, which is believed to be similar to be blacklisted, APG found the country non-complaint to 32 of the 40 parameters on money-laundering and terror financing.The announcement came a day after Prime Minister Imran Khan said that 40 different militant groups were operating in Pakistan when the country joined US war on terror after the 9/11 attacks in 2001.”We were fighting the US war on terror. Pakistan has nothing to do with 9/11. Al-Qaeda was in Afghanistan. There were no militant Taliban in Pakistan. But we joined the US war. Unfortunately, when things went wrong, where I blame my government, we did not tell the US exactly the truth on the ground,” the Pakistani PM said as quoted by news agency PTI.However, India has accused Pakistan of its state-sponsor of promoting cross-border terrorism in the disputed Jammu and Kashmir region.Earlier this month, Indian intelligence reports stated Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) has given terrorist group, Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) full permission for conducting suicide bomb attacks in the valley and cause as many casualties as they can, without worrying about “collateral damage”.US President Donald Trump in the middle of negotiating peace talks in Afghanistan with the Taliban and the Afghan government.The US government have stated that the withdrawal of US troops in a bid to end the 19-year war will be done over a period of time to ensure political stability and avoid security resurgence of Taliban’s state control in the region.last_img read more


No security threat centering Pahela Baishakh home minister


first_imgHome minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal. File PhotoHome minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal on Saturday said there is no specific security threat centering this year’s Pahela Baishakh celebration programme, reports UNB.“There is no specific threat. Besides, detectives’ surveillance is on. No one will be able to create any obstruction in the celebration programme,” he said while talking to reporters after visiting DMP’s security arrangements at Ramna Park.He said Pahela Baishakh has now become a national progamme and law enforcers have been kept ready across the country so that people can celebrate Pahela Baishakh smoothly.Cyber decurity team is also monitoring social media sites so that no one can spread provocative messages, said the minister.last_img