Distrito said that the barangay will provide their needs while they are under lockdown Singcang-Airport village head Rosinie Distrito confirmed that the asymptomatic male patient was already moved to a quarantine center in this city. Three persons who had close contact with the patient were also brought to the provincial quarantine center, the village chief added. His result showing he was positive for the viral illness came out on July 4, Distrito said. But he submitted himself for quarantine at a staff house in Barangay Singcang-Airport. An apartment where the patient currently resides, at least 10 neighborhood houses and several nearby carinderias where sealed off, he added. BACOLOD City – A neighborhood in Barangay Singcang-Airport was placed under lockdown after one of the residents there was found out to be a carrier of SARS-coV-2, the virus which causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). He arrived via sea vessel through Tabuelan-Escalante route on June 25 and was immediately subjected to swab testing when he arrived at the provincial quarantine center in E.B. Magalona, Negros Occidental. The lockdown also affected at least 35 individuals occupying the apartment. The City Health Office has rolled out contact tracing. Meanwhile, the City Inter-Agency Task Force against COVID-19 has yet to determine the work of the patient./PN According to the village chairman, the 25-year-old patient was identified as an authorized person outside residence from Cebu.
WRBI Area Girls High School Basketball ScoresThursday (1-23)Rushville 67 Batesville 37Rushville JV won 32-14East Central 73 Franklin County 22North Decatur 60 Edinburgh 26Hauser 53 Morristown 48Indy Lutheran 63 Waldron 31
John Bildner, age 84, of Vero Beach, Florida passed away on Tuesday, October 1, 2019. He is survived by his loving wife of 65 years, Elaine Bildner (nee Zinzer); sons, Ron Bildner (Ann) and Doug Bildner (Betty Jo); grandchildren, Kristy (Jeff) Bayer, Derrick (Jamie) Bildner, Brandy Bildner, Leigh Ann (Jose) Gonzalez; Great grand-children, Taylor, Kyla, Gabriella, Brayden and Daxton. John was prededed in death by his parents, John and Nellie (Lischkge) Bildner. John was an only child.John served his country for twenty years in the United States Air Force and four years in the United States Navy. He retired from Monsanto Company after 30 years. He traveled 34 countries and toured all 50 States in the U.S.John and Elaine were members of the Zion Church where he had been President of Council. John was also a member of the Legion and the Moose, before moving to Florida. In his younger years he enjoyed extensive traveling, fishing and hunting.Friends will be received Thursday, October 10, 2019, 11:00 am – 1:00 pm at the Rullman Hunger Funeral Home, Aurora, Indiana.Services will be held at the funeral home at 1:00 pm.Interment will follow in the River View Cemetery, Aurora, Indiana. Military graveside services will be conducted by members of local Veterans Service Organizations.Contributions may be made to the P.A.W.S. of Dearborn County. If unable to attend services, please call the funeral home office at (812) 926-1450 and we will notify the family of your donation with a card.Visit: www.rullmans.com
A 69-year-old woman is facing domestic abuse- related charges after she allegedly stunned her husband several times with her Taser because he asked for a divorce.The Pinellas County Sheriff’s office is reporting that Pamela Carr and her husband got into an argument on Sunday night after her husband asked for a divorce after 9-years of marriage. As the two began arguing, Mrs. Carr pulled out her Taser and began tasing her husband at close range.Carr later told investigators that she choose to stun him instead of shooting him with barbed darts and that she was acting in self-defense.Mrs. Carr was taken into custody on Sunday night but has since been released on a $1,000 bond. She has been ordered to stay away from her husband and is only allowed one visit to the mobile home community to grab her belongings.
ELLSWORTH — Maine Coast Memorial Hospital and the Down East Family YMCA are hosting a new program this spring.Girls on the Run is a 10-week afterschool program for girls in the third through fifth grade. Volunteer coaches guide girls through fun lessons that help them understand who they are, the importance of teamwork and how they can positively shape the world.The season ends with the girls completing a Girls on the Run 5K, which provides an understanding of a framework for setting and achieving life goals. Girls of all fitness ability and levels are encouraged to join.Girls on the Run programs inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum that creatively integrates running.This is placeholder textThis is placeholder textThe interactive curriculum covers topics such as self-awareness, building healthy relationships and developing personal strengths. The program lessons also include the completion of a community service project and running practice with the end goal of completing a non-competitive 5K.Girls on the Run is an international organization that began in 1996 to promote physical, emotional and social development in girls before they reach high school. The goal of the program is to prevent future at-risk behaviors such as adolescent pregnancies, eating disorders, depression, suicide attempts and substance abuse problems.The after-school lessons are led by trained coaches who guide the girls through the 10-week program and help prepare them for a lifetime of self-respect and healthy living. At the end of the program season, girls and their coaches run or walk a 5K together.Registration is now open and spots are available on a first come, first served basis. Registration will close on March 19. The program fee is $50, with financial assistance available.Visit www.girlsontherunmaine.org to register. The spring session will meet on Mondays and Thursdays at the YMCA from 3-4:30 p.m. beginning on March 21.
___For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25___This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com February 21, 2020 Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditOregon State (15-11, 5-9) vs. Arizona State (18-8, 9-5)Desert Financial Arena, Tempe, Arizona; Saturday, 8 p.m. ESTBOTTOM LINE: Arizona State looks for its seventh straight conference win against Oregon State. Arizona State’s last Pac-12 loss came against the Washington State Cougars 67-65 on Jan. 29. Oregon State fell short in an 89-63 game at Arizona in its last outing. ASU looks to extend streak vs Oregon State Associated Press TEAM LEADERS: Arizona State’s Remy Martin has averaged 19.2 points and four assists while Romello White has put up 10 points and nine rebounds. For the Beavers, Tres Tinkle has averaged 18 points and 6.9 rebounds while Ethan Thompson has put up 14.9 points, 4.2 rebounds and 4.3 assists.OFFENSIVE THREAT: Thompson has either made or assisted on 58 percent of all Oregon State field goals over the last three games. The junior guard has 16 field goals and 22 assists in those games.WINLESS WHEN: Arizona State is 0-6 this year when it scores 65 points or fewer and 18-2 when it scores at least 66.STREAK STATS: Arizona State has won its last five home games, scoring an average of 75.2 points while giving up 66.2.GET OUT AND RUN: The opportunistic Arizona State offense has averaged 73.4 possessions per game this season, ranking the Sun Devils 28th nationally. Oregon State has not been as uptempo as the Sun Devils and is averaging only 66.8 possessions per game (ranked 295th).
El Centro Chicano celebrated its 40th anniversary Saturday with food, music, dancing and awards.Celebration · Bandmembers of Las Cafeteras entertained the 380 guests who attended El Centro Chicano’s 40th anniversary dinner at Town & Gown on Saturday. The festivities also included dance, speeches and awards. – Alex Rose | Daily TrojanThree-hundred and eighty students, alumni, parents, faculty and administrators descended on Town and Gown to honor the cultural center’s continued support of Latino and Latina students at USC. El Centro Chicano Director William N. Vela emphasized that running El Centro, which oversees more than 20 programs and organizations, is a team effort.“Without everyone, we wouldn’t have this,” Vela said. “It sounds like words, but it isn’t. It’s from the heart.”Darline Robles, a professor of clinical education at USC and former superintendent of the Los Angeles County Office of Education, spoke about her experiences at USC and the need to ensure college educations for Latinos.“If you do what’s right for our community, it’s right for the broader community,” Robles said. “El Centro fulfills this vision.”This vision stands crucial to campus, said Vice President of Student Affairs Michael Jackson, who oversees USC’s cultural centers.“El Centro Chicano has played a key role in welcoming and, more importantly, helping young men and women find their way in this institution so they can go and find their dreams in society,” Jackson said. “El Centro is crucial to diversity and culture at USC. For years, the Trojan Family meant certain families — now it means all families.”This resonated with John Rodriguez, vice president of the Latino Parent Association for 2011-12, who became involved in the LPA to encourage parents to be involved.“My son is the first to graduate from college,” Rodriguez said. “In the LPA, the first meeting that I went to showed me that my student is a Trojan, so I’m a Trojan, too.”This sense of family has been consistent as long as El Centro has been on campus. 1987 alumna Reyna Corral said that as a first-generation Latina student in the 1980s, when about five percent of students were Latinos, she felt a little isolated until she arrived at El Centro.“It was really a home away from home,” Corral said. “It was a place to go and be around people like me where I could be comfortable.”Fatima Djelmane, associate director for Proyecto Pastoral and an ’01 alumna, said she remembers being invited to visit El Centro while living in Parkside as a freshman.“I felt alone despite the fact that my mom was a Trojan. I had that support, but I still felt culture shock,” Djelmane said. “El Centro changed my path at USC by ensuring I had the support and community to make it.”This rings true for current students such as Darlyn Zenteno Aguilar, a sophomore majoring in math and psychology, who said living on the El Centro-sponsored Latino Floor helped her get acclimated to campus.“For me it was special to make these lifelong friends on the Latino floor,” Aguilar said. “As a freshman, you’re new, but with El Centro Chicano, you feel at home at USC faster.”Rubi Garcia, a sophomore majoring in American studies, said meeting alumni through El Centro’s programs motivates and inspires her.“You meet people who have started out the same way you did and you see what they’ve done,” she said. “It inspires you to get involved and make the most of your time at USC.”
UPDATED: Sept. 5, 2017 at 8:12 p.m. ESTSyracuse reportedly will play in the 2018 2K Sports Classic at Madison Square Garden, per the FanRag Sports Network. The Orange are set to headline the 2018 slate along with Connecticut, Iowa and Oregon. The official matchups have yet to be announced.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textThe 2K Sports Classic is an annual four-team tournament televised nationally on ESPN. The last four teams play at MSG, where the tournament has been hosted since 1998. SU has participated four times, with tournament victories in 2004 and 2009. Syracuse last played in the tournament in 2014.The last time SU played at MSG, it fell to UConn, 52-50, in early December. Besides the Huskies, Oregon reached the Final Four in 2017, where the Ducks lost to eventual national champion North Carolina. Iowa, like SU, was a top seed in the 2017 National Invitational Tournament, and was bounced in the second round at home by eventual champion TCU.No other games have been announced or reported for Syracuse’s 2018-19 schedule.SU opens the 2017 season on Nov. 10 against Cornell in the Carrier Dome. Comments Published on September 5, 2017 at 6:55 pm Contact Andrew: email@example.com | @A_E_Graham Facebook Twitter Google+
EURO QUALIFIERSPortugal Captain, Cristiano Ronaldo left the field with a thigh injury in Portugal’s Euro 2020 qualifier against Serbia after half an hour of play yesterday on the same night that all the other big teams won their matches convincingly.Ronaldo’s Juventus play the first leg of their Champions League quarterfinal at Ajax on April 10. The five-time Ballon d’Or winner, making his international return after a nine-month absence, was replaced by Benfica winger Pizzi as Portugal trailed 1-0 after 30 minutes but the European champions were able to secure a 1-1 scoreline.Meanwhile Ross Barkley scored twice and provided an assist as England came from behind to hammer Montenegro in their Euro 2020 qualifier in Podgorica.Barkley’s cross was headed in by Michael Keane after Marko Vesovic’s curler had given the hosts a shock lead.The midfielder then diverted in a shot from 18-year-old Chelsea team-mate Callum Hudson-Odoi – who impressed on his full debut – before half-time, and coolly finished from Raheem Sterling’s cutback after an hour.Sterling set up Harry Kane to make it 4-1 before slotting in England’s fifth.The Three Lions, who also thrashed the Czech Republic 5-0 on Friday, remain top of Group A.In other matches, Ukraine won 2-1 away at Luxembourg while World Champion, France defeated Iceland 4-0 with goals from Samuel Umtiti, Oliver Giroud, Kylian Mbape and Antoine Griezmann.Bulgaria and Kosovo share the spoil in 1-1 in Pristina.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
The Kootenay Ice lost its sixth straight game Sunday at the B.C. Hockey Major Midget Showcase weekend in Langley.The Vancouver Northeast Chiefs put some serious hurt on the Kootenay boys, pounding the Ice 9-1. The Chiefs scored led 4-1 after two periods before putting the game away by scoring five times in the third.Nelson’s Nolan Percival scored the only goal for Kootenay.Grayson Reitmeier of Nakusp and Brendan Smith of Nelson assisted. The Langley Events Centre will also host the second BC Major Midget League Showcase Weekend January 19-20, 2013. The Ice return to action this weekend with trip to Prince George to face the Cougars. The All Star Game is set for January 18 also at the Langley Events Centre. The next home action for Kootenay is October 27-28 at the Cominco Arena in Trail against Thompson Blazers. Saturday, the Chiefs won the opening tilt of the two-game series 5-1.Brandon Sookro of South Slocan scored the only goal for Kootenay in the first period. Percival and Kyle Hope of Trails assisted on Sookro’s power play marker.Harrison Whitlock of Fruitvale and Adam Maida of Nelson split the netminding duties for Kootenay.The Ice currently sit in last placein BCMMHL standings. The Showcase Weekend gave scouts, family and friends the opportunity to watch 10 of the 11 teams Major Midget League in action.